These almond squares are sweetmeats at their finest. Almonds and flour are added to a rich caramel in order to create a sweet buttery confection that perfectly accompanies a cup of coffee. A great dessert option for a dinner or cocktail party.
- 500 grams sugar (400 grams for reduced sugar)
- 2.5 deciliters water
- 160 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 70 grams almonds (laminated)
- 3 eggs
- 250 grams flour
- sugar (to decorate)
- cinnamon (to decorate)
- Heat the sugar and water in a saucepan, stirring continuously until the mix becomes syrupy and slightly firm. It should fall in threads and not lose form right away when you mold it.
- Meanwhile, grease a small tray with margarine, line it with parchment paper, and then grease the paper with margarine. Set it aside.
- Remove the sugar and water mix from the heat and add the butter, stirring it in quickly. Add the cinnamon, almonds, eggs, and flour and stir the mix very well.
- Place the mix back over the flame and stir consistently until the dough begins to form a firm ball that detaches from the bottom of the pan.
- Place the dough in the pan that has been greased and lined (you can also use individual cake molds) and spread it out evenly. Allow it to cool completely, preferably for a full day.
- Once cold, sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar and cut it into small squares. Place the squares in muffin papers and serve with coffee.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1180Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.