- 1 pork tenderloin (1 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 carrots (peeled and diced)
- In small bowl stir together sherry, soy sauce, pepper and garlic; pour over pork in a self-sealing bag. Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade; pat dry. Coat pork with almonds. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Brown pork on all sides, about 5 minutes, turning carefully. Reduce heat to low, add reserved marinade, onion, carrot and celery; cover and simmer 12-15 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- To serve, slice tenderloin and serve with vegetables and hot cooked rice. Garnish with chopped cilantro.