Almond Pie with Condensed MilkAs receitas lá de casa
You can find puff pastry that's specifically for pies online and at some specialty food stores; otherwise just use whatever puff pastry you can find, roll it out, and fit into the pie pan as instructed in this recipe. The filling is made by cooking sliced almonds with margarine (or butter, if desired) and sugar until toasted and caramelized, then combining these with condensed milk and eggs for a rich, sweet, custardy result.
- 1 puff pastry (for pies)
- 150 grams margarine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 150 grams almonds (sliced)
- 1 can condensed milk (cooked)
- 2 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Spread the dough in a pie pan lined parchment paper, curl the ends around the edge of the pan, and poke the bottom with a fork.
- 3In a saucepan, heat the margarine with the sugar.
- 4When it has melted, add the almonds and let it caramelize.
- 5Set aside. In a bowl, thoroughly whisk the condensed milk with two eggs.
- 6Once well mixed, add to the almond batter and mix
- 7Pour into the pie pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.