- 4 sheets rice paper (confectioners')
- 1 3/4 cups almonds
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup glucose syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Place the almonds on a tray and keep warm in the oven. Line a 9-inch square cake pan with plastic wrap and cover base with 2 sheets of rice paper.
- Combine the sugar, honey, glucose and water in a saucepan and stir over medium heat to dissolve the sugar. Raise the heat to medium-high and cook for 5-10 mins until the mixture reaches 250°C on a candy thermometer. Meanwhile, begin whisking the egg whites in electric mixer on medium speed.
- Continue cooking the sugar mixture until it reaches 265°F. The egg whites should be firm by this stage; if not, increase the speed. When firm peaks form, pour the hot sugar syrup down the side of the bowl and whisk until smooth and glossy (about 3 mins).
- Stir in the warm almonds, then transfer the mixture to prepared pan. Smooth with a wet off-set spatula, then top with remaining rice paper. Set aside to cool, then refrigerate until firm (3-4 hours). Turn out, cut into small squares with a serrated knife and serve.
The Secret Of The Mirror Glaze For The CakeRelax Woman
Turrón de Alicante (Nougat with Marcona Almonds)Serious Eats
Fondant IcingBest Recipes Australia
Cinnamon AlmondsSuper Healthy Kids
Hot Chocolate Fudge SaucePink Post-It Note
Chocolate Almond FlorentinesGarlic And Zest
Chocolate Almond Breeze SmoothieLove and Lemons
Chocolate Caramel BrittleDonna Hay
Halloween Coffin DipHellmann's
Candied AlmondsBudget Bytes
Cinnamon And Apple Iced Buns And Toffee And Marmalade Iced BunsBBC
Chocolate Truffles With Cinder ToffeeBBC
Chocolate Almond BitesNutrition A La Natalie
Chocolate Almond NougatCooking On The Weekends
Almond Butter Nougat!Give Them Something Better