These almond flour blueberry pancakes are paleo, vegan and gluten-free. They're also appropriate for people on lower carb diets, as the only carbs come from fibre-rich "slow carbs" from blueberries.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (or ground flax seeds)
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (coconut oil or butter)
- In a small bowl, mix the chia or ground flax with 1/2 cup water. Put in the fridge and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, defrost the blueberries in a small pot over medium-low heat. Save any water that comes out. You'll be using this for moisture and flavour!
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the almond flour with all of the other ingredients. The batter should be the perfect pancake texture. If it's too thick or dry, add a little splash of water or almond milk.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil or butter over medium heat. Using a 1/8 cup measuring cup, scoop some of the batter into the pan, leaving space in between each mound to flatten the pancakes. They will be too sticky to press down flat right away. No biggie! Let the pancakes cook for a minute or so until they develop some firmness on the bottom. Then you can press down into a flatter shape. Once browned on one side (about 2-3 minutes) flip and cook for another 3 minutes or until brown on both sides. Continue with remaining oil and batter.
- Serve pancakes with your favourite toppings and enjoy! Extra berries and a bit of maple syrup are my personal faves :)
|Calories310Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.