Almond CroissantsLa Cocina de Babel
Filled with a creamy almond filling and sprinkled with sliced almonds and powdered sugar, these almond croissants make an elegant addition to any breakfast or brunch. Made with day-old croissants, the almond cream--a mixture of ground almonds, egg, butter, and sugarr--is spread into the middle of the croissants as well as on the top for good measure. Baked until the sliced almonds are toasted, these croissants are best served warm.
- 4 croissants (day-old)
- sliced almonds
- powdered sugar
- 125 grams powdered sugar
- 125 grams ground almonds
- 125 grams butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 25 milliliters rum
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- 3Slice the croissants in half horizontally.
- 4In separate bowls, sift the powdered sugar then the almonds.
- 5In another bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add in the powdered sugar until incorporated then the almonds.
- 6Then beat in the eggs one by one mixing well after each one.
- 7Spread the almond cream on the bottom halves of each croissant. Add the tops and then spread more cream on top of each croissant.
- 8Sprinkle the tops of each croissant generously with sliced almonds.
- 9Place the croissants on the baking tray and bake 5 to 8 minutes until the almonds are golden and the cream has cooked.
- 10Cool on a baking rack and sprinkle powdered sugar on top before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories780Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.