Almond CookiesL'Antro dell'Alchimista
These biscotti-like cookies are infused with vanilla, flecked with orange zest and studded with almonds. Once mixed, the elastic-like dough is formed into long rolls, brushed with egg yolk and baked until golden. After they're removed from the oven, the cookies are sliced, returned to the tray and baked again. They will keep for several days in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Serve them with a pot of French press coffee for dunking.
- 250 grams flour
- 200 grams sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 100 grams almonds (whole)
- 1 egg yolks
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder, vanilla, orange zest, and a pinch of salt. Knead until a smooth and elastic dough forms.
- 3Add the almonds, and work into the dough until thoroughly incorporated. Add a teaspoon of milk if the dough appears too dry.
- 4Shape into 3 long rolls, place on a well greased, parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and brush with lightly beaten egg yolk.
- 5Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Remove from the oven, leave to cool, and cut diagonally to a thickness of 1 centimeters.
- 7Lower the oven heat to in the oven at 150 C.
- 8Allow to cool, then return to the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- 9Allow to rest in a cool, dry place before serving.
- 10Store in a sealed container.
PER SERVING *
|Calories640Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.