Here's another way to use your bread machine (or another reason to go out and buy one): to make cookie dough. Once the dough has finished the cycle, you just roll it out on a floured surface (to prevent it from sticking) and then cut out the desired shapes. Be sure to allow enough room between the shapes so they will cook properly (too close and they can run together, too).
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams margarine (melted in the microwave)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 350 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 50 grams powdered almonds
- Place all the ingredients, in the order listed, in a bread machine pan. Select dough program. When finished, place the dough on a floured surface and roll out the dough. Cut dough, using various cookie cutter shapes.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place the cookies at least 1 inch apart. Bake for 8-12 minutes at 350°F (or until the tips begin to turn golden brown). Allow to cool and store in an air-tight container.