Almond Chocolate CookiesMadeleine Cocina
These almond chocolate cookies come together in just over an hour for a simple and rich dessert. The cookies use shortening instead of butter, which gives them a delicate texture and really lets the chocolate shine. A simple frosting made from a mixture of sugar, cocoa, and almond extract adds a nice extra bit of sweetness and flavor. These cookies are great for bringing to a gathering or bake them around the holidays for edible gifting everyone on your list will love.
- 200 grams vegetable shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 40 grams butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- 2Cream the sugar with the shortening and then add the eggs one by one, beating the mixture well. Add the vanilla.
- 3Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- 4Form balls 2 centimeters each in diameter. Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until slightly firm to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 5For the frosting, mix the confectioners sugar, cocoa, and almond extract together in a bowl and add the milk little by little until the desired consistency is reached. Spread on cookies or place in a piping bag and decorate the cookies.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.