- 2 packages Pillsbury® Ready to Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 2 tablespoons Smucker’s® Apricot Preserves
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough and almond paste. Add flour and preserves; knead until well blended and mixture forms a ball. Pat into 6x9-inch rectangle. Cut into 24 pieces.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites with fork or wire whisk until foamy. In another small bowl, place almonds.
- Shape each dough piece into a ball. Flatten to 3-inch round. Dip one side into egg whites, coating one side only. Place coated side down onto almond slices. Lightly press to coat with almonds. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets, almond side up.
- Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes; remove to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes. Store in covered container.