Almond Butter Cakes with Whipped Coconut and Passionfruit IcingRECIPESPLUS
- 1 banana (large ripe)
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 14 ounces coconut cream (left in fridge overnight so it seperates)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 passionfruit (pulp only)
- fruit (fresh, for topping, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the holes of a 6-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- Place the banana, eggs, almond butter, baking soda and vinegar in a food processor and process until a smooth batter is achieved. Divide the mixture between the cases and bake in the oven for 25 mins, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave in the pan to cool completely.
- When you remove the coconut cream from the fridge, be careful not to shake or tilt the can as you only want to use the thickest part of the coconut cream, which has now risen to the top.
- Carefully open the can and scoop the thickened cream into a mixing bowl (this should be about half the contents of the can). Reserve the remaining liquid for another use, such as for a smoothie.
- Add the honey and a half-tablespoon of passionfruit pulp, then beat well with an electric beater for 2-3 mins or until the cream is thick and slightly fluffy.
- Spread the coconut cream frosting on the top of each cake, then finish with a dollop of passionfruit pulp and a couple of slices of fresh fruit, if using.
|Calories470Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.