Flip the switch on mama's biscotti! This recipe is for Almond Biscotti. This delicious and flavorful recipe only contains ingredients. It's not only delicious but good for you! Don't believe us? Try this Almond Biscotti recipe for yourself. Let us know your thoughts about this recipe in our comments below. Or give this recipe a star rating! It's great to share your thoughts with others! Happy Baking! You won't be let down.
- 115 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almonds (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 100 grams dark chocolate (melted)
- almonds (sliced, for decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius.
- Cream the butter and cup of sugar together until smooth and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one, and then the orange extract.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix together to incorporate. Stir in the chopped almonds.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Divide the dough into two sections and form each into a log 24 centimeters long and 6 centimeters wide.
- Brush each log with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until lightly golden, remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly.
- Lower the oven to 170 Celsius. Cut each log into diagonals and place onto a baking sheet with the cut side down. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Flip and bake for 10 minutes more. Shut off the oven and open the oven door, leaving the biscotti in the oven until the oven cools completely.
- Dip the biscotti into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the almond slices.
- Store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
|Calories140Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.