These All Vanilla Whoopie Pies are a rich and hearty treat that should be shared with loved ones. The cookies are decadent and fluffy. The cream is rich and creamy. If you need to bring something to the next family dinner or holiday party, then why…
not try these delicious desserts. Everyone who remembers them from childhood will be amazed you made them. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy these treats as much as we do.
- 100 grams salted butter
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 grams softened butter
- 100 grams confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean (split lengthwise)
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan until there's no more foam. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture is pale.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together.
- Pour the melted butter into the egg/sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Slowly stir the flour into the mixture.
- Knead with your hands to form a big ball of dough.
- Shape the cookies with your hands.
- Arrange them on a silicon mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the frosting filling. In a bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the softened butter and confectioner's sugar until the mixture is pale and smooth.
- With a pairing knife, scrape the seeds out of the vanilla bean, and add them to the frosting.
- Add water and mix to get a smooth mixture.
- When the cookies are cooled, spread a layer of frosting onto half of the cookies.
- Sandwich together with the remaining cookies.