- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce (RAGÚ® Classic)
- 2 plum tomatoes (cut into 8 slices)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese (or 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, about 2 oz.)
- unchecked 1. Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside.
- unchecked 2. Stir sauce into same skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken to skillet; arrange 1 tomato slice on each chicken breast half. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- unchecked 3. Evenly top chicken with cheese and simmer covered an additional 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked pasta and garnish with chopped fresh basil or parsley.