These are not just any cookies, these are Alfajores (Dulce de Leche Sandwich Cookies). Have you ever tried Alfajores (Dulce de Leche Sandwich Cookies) before? Well today is your lucky day. These are not only healthy but packed with flavor. You will love baking these Alfajores (Dulce de Leche Sandwich Cookies) with your family and serving them in a cookie jar on the kitchen table. Let us know your thoughts about our recipe in the comments below or by giving this recipe a star rating.
- 30 cookies
- 300 grams white flour
- 150 grams wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 225 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 160 grams granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 grams dark chocolate
- 240 cream (gramswhipping)
- 1 jar dulce de leche
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the orange zest and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add iced water (60 to 70 ml) and mix for about 1-2 minutes to obtain a flexible dough.
- Divide the dough in half and form two discs.
- Wrap them in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Bring dough to room temperature.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 0.5 cm.
- Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for about 6-8 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let them cool on a wire rack.
- Arrange the cookies, spread half with "dulce de Leche". Form the "sandwiches".
- Melt the chocolate, add cream and stir for about 2-3 minutes over very low heat.
- Wait a few seconds before dipping the cookies to coat them. Tap gently to remove the excess.
- Allow to harden at room temperature.
|Calories440Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.