Alcobaca Monastery Sponge CakeHoje para Jantar
This simple Portuguese cake requires only 4 ingredients to make a delicate and rich dessert. It mixes together in about 20 minutes and bakes for another 20, making this cake a great choice when you don't have a lot of ingreidents on hand. The cake does have to rest for a day, so make sure you plan ahead of time so it is ready when you need it. This is a great recipe to keep on hand for when you need an easy dessert.
- 250 grams sugar
- 5 whole eggs
- 15 egg yolks
- 100 grams flour
- 1Preheat oven to 225 degrees Celsius.
- 2Place the whole eggs and sugar in an electric mixer, and mix until the dough is whitish.
- 3Pass the yolks through a sieve to remove the film, and add to previous mixture. Whisk for about 10 minutes.
- 4Sift the flour, and mix in with a spoon, without whipping.
- 5Pour the dough in a round cake pan, previously greased with butter and lined with parchment paper.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove from the oven, and let cool before unmolding.
- 8Serve the next day.