Ahrisset el Luz (Almond Cakes)Lolibox
Sweet treats should be savored. When you want the perfect palate pleasing dessert for a party or special occasion, then try this recipe for Ahrisset el Luz (Almond Cakes). These delicious and decadent treats are a wonderful way to break the ice when you bring them to a holiday party or special occasion. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy these cakes as much as we do. Happy baking!
- 250 grams semolina (fine or extra-fine)
- water (12.5 cl.)
- 100 grams sugar
- 125 grams ground almonds
- 100 grams butter
- 3 tablespoons orange blossom
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Heat the semolina in a saucepan. Stir frequently to avoid browning the semolina. Moisten with the water and add half the sugar. Mix and cook over low heat until you obtain a thick paste. Stir in the ground almonds and butter.
- 3Pour the batter into a square or rectangular pan lined with parchment paper. Cut diamond shapes in the batter with a knife.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, prepare a syrup with the remaining sugar and the orange blossoms.
- 6Take the cake out of the oven and soak with the syrup. Let it cool completely.
- 7Cut the cake using the pre-cut diamonds as a guide.