- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 pieces chicken (marylands or breasts)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chillies (minced fresh)
- 4 potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 100 grams shallots (chopped)
- 100 grams garlic cloves (minced)
- 100 grams chillies (minced)
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 100 grams coconut (grated fresh)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 150 milliliters water
- First, marinate the chicken. Mix together the garlic, chilli and oil and brucsh over the entire surface of the chicken. Set aside and marinate for 2 - 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the African sauce. Heat the peanut oil and add the shallots, minced garlic and minced chillies and saute gently. Add the tomato paste and paprika and continue to cook for about 3 minutes. Cool slightly then add the coconut, peanut butter and water. Stir well and blend in a food processor until smooth then set aside.
- Once the chicken has marinated, transfer it to a roasting pan with the potatoes then brush the chicken and potatoes with a little of the African sauce. Bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 230 c. for 35 minutes.
- Pour the remaining African chicken sauce and continue baking for a further 15 minutes then grill briefly until the chicken is golden brown.
- Serve with salad or extra green vegetables.
|Calories580Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.