- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin (cut into 3/4-inch chops)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chile in adobo sauce (canned, crushed)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt (or to taste)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix to form a rub. Set aside.
- Season pork with Mexican Adobo rub, making sure pork is well coated with the mixture. Heat olive oil in frying pan and sear the pork chops on both sides, approximately 6 minutes on each side. Cook pork to an internal temperature between 145 degrees F. to 160 degrees F. (use a digital thermometer). Remove pork from the frying pan and let rest 10-15 minutes before slicing into ¼ inch strips.