A little taste of MexicoAs receitas lá de casa
Matchstick potatoes are seasoned with garlic and paprika and tossed with olive to coat, then roasted until crisp and golden brown. Meanwhile, ground beef is cooked in rendered bacon fat and garlic until nice and browned, then simmered with some tomatoes (or tomato paste) and diced red pepper. Once each is ready, they are combined, covered with copious mozzarella, and baked until all melty and browned and beyond delicious. Enjoy!
- 800 grams potatoes (peeled, cut into thick strips)
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1/2 package bacon (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tomato paste
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1Preheat oven to 350/400ºF.
- 2Place the cut potatoes on a baking sheet.
- 3Season with salt, garlic powder and paprika.
- 4Sprinkle with a little olive oil.
- 5Toss potatoes to coat with oil and seasoning.
- 6Place in oven.
- 7In a frying pan, place the garlic and bacon along with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- 8Cook until browned.
- 9Add the meat and cook.
- 10Meanwhile, remove the potatoes from the oven and turn with a spatula.
- 11When the meat is almost cooked, add the tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- 12Add the pepper and cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Set aside.
- 13Remove the potatoes from the oven.
- 14Verify the potatoes are cooked through and move to the edges of the pan, creating a space in the center of the pan.
- 15Place the meat mixture in the center of the pan.
- 16Cover thoroughly with cheese and place back in the oven until cheese is melted and starting to brown.