The slight taste of fish, mingled with mild sweetness, perfect for extraordinary occasions that you wish to make memorable. Featuring fresh cod, shrimp, and lemon, this pudding is like nothing you’ve had before. Every fish lover will rejoice at the blend of smooth fish and pudding. Serve this one any way you like it – as an appetizer, a side, or a dessert. Spruce up with parsley flakes or sticks of cinnamon.
- 600 grams cod
- 30 grams potato starch
- milk (25 cl.)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fish stock (powder)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can peeled shrimp
- Cut the cod into large cubes, mix finely and add the fish stock, lemon juice, potato starch and 2 eggs.
- Salt and pepper.
- Add the milk gradually while mixing.
- Mix it for about 5 minutes so that mixture thickens slightly.
- Arrange in the middle of a cling film (heat resistant) 2 csp of the mixture and a peeled crayfish.
- Roll the pudding while holding the ends.
- Tie each end and squeeze a little to chase the air (I tied it with freezer bags strings ) and prepare similarly all the rolls until all the stuffing has been used.
- Then steam the puddings for 10 minutes.
- (I used a bamboo basket which I use for Chinese dumplings).
- I tried to take pictures at each step to make it a little clearer for you.
- Pull the puddings out of the bamboo basket.
- In a pan heat a piece of butter, brown a chopped shallot, add the rest of the crayfish.
- Stir and cook for 4/5 minutes and add the baby spinach.
- Stir and cook, add 2 tablespoons of cream cheese (or cream).
- Arrange the cod "sausage" and spinach with the crayfish sauce on a plate.
- The next day I had some "sausages" left, I felt like cooking them differently.
- They are cut into thick slices, passed in egg yolk and breadcrumbs then they are cooked in a pan with a little olive oil.
- Serve eith tomato sauce and olives and fried baby potatoes.
- This version has had more success with my girls because it was crispier but nevertheless the two versions were very much appreciated and I really want to test it with other fishes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.