A Great Test Of A Cod Pudding RecipeOn dine chez Nanou
The slight taste of fish, mingled with mild sweetness, perfect for extraordinary occasions that you wish to make memorable. Featuring fresh cod, shrimp, and lemon, this pudding is like nothing you’ve had before. Every fish lover will rejoice at the blend of smooth fish and pudding. Serve this one any way you like it – as an appetizer, a side, or a dessert. Spruce up with parsley flakes or sticks of cinnamon.
- 600 grams cod
- 30 grams potato starch
- milk (25 cl.)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fish stock (powder)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can peeled shrimp
- 1Cut the cod into large cubes, mix finely and add the fish stock, lemon juice, potato starch and 2 eggs.
- 2Salt and pepper.
- 3Add the milk gradually while mixing.
- 4Mix it for about 5 minutes so that mixture thickens slightly.
- 5Arrange in the middle of a cling film (heat resistant) 2 csp of the mixture and a peeled crayfish.
- 6Roll the pudding while holding the ends.
- 7Tie each end and squeeze a little to chase the air (I tied it with freezer bags strings ) and prepare similarly all the rolls until all the stuffing has been used.
- 8Then steam the puddings for 10 minutes.
- 9(I used a bamboo basket which I use for Chinese dumplings).
- 10I tried to take pictures at each step to make it a little clearer for you.
- 11Pull the puddings out of the bamboo basket.
- 12In a pan heat a piece of butter, brown a chopped shallot, add the rest of the crayfish.
- 13Stir and cook for 4/5 minutes and add the baby spinach.
- 14Stir and cook, add 2 tablespoons of cream cheese (or cream).
- 15Arrange the cod "sausage" and spinach with the crayfish sauce on a plate.
- 16The next day I had some "sausages" left, I felt like cooking them differently.
- 17They are cut into thick slices, passed in egg yolk and breadcrumbs then they are cooked in a pan with a little olive oil.
- 18Serve eith tomato sauce and olives and fried baby potatoes.
- 19This version has had more success with my girls because it was crispier but nevertheless the two versions were very much appreciated and I really want to test it with other fishes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.