This is the easiest thing you'll ever make. Authentic, easy and just 7 ingredients for this rich and creamy Indian Chicken Saagwala recipe that kicks your Indian restaurant's butt real good. On the table in 30 minutes, and Indian dinner on a weeknig…
t? Hellz to da yeeah! 👊🏻
- 1 medium onion
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen spinach
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (chopped in small pieces and lightly seasoned with salt+pepper)
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Add onions into a food processor/blender along with peeled garlic and ginger. Save time, don't bother chopping well or anything (I did though—genius) and puree. Transfer to a bowl.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and add to the food processor, and puree. Set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to a medium hot pan and the onion and ginger garlic paste. Season with salt and sautee about 10 minutes, stir regularly, till it's golden (ish) color.
- Add the coriander powder and the red chili powder. Toast the spices for another minute.
- Add the tomato puree and stir for a minute. Then cover and simmer for at least 10 minutes, till the sauce releases the oils and till it's bubbling consistently.
- Add the frozen spinach and some salt. Stir and coat the sauce evenly. Cover and simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes. COOKING TIP: If you like your spinach creamy, this is the time to puree that with a hand blender or something that'll do the job, I left mine chunky for some texture.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir evenly. Cover for another 10 minutes and simmer. And then you are done my friends! Done!