These peanut butter cookies make a hearty gluten-free breakfast that's full of whole-grain oats. And: With just six ingredients, they come together in no time.
- 3/4 cup Jif® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons Smucker’s® Natural Concord Grape Fruit Spread (or Smucker’s® Concord Grape Jam, Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Whisk together the peanut butter and maple syrup in a mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in the almond meal, oats, and baking soda with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Allow the mixture to stand for 10-15 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Spoon 12 equal mounds of the peanut and oat mixture onto the baking sheet, using a generous 2 tablespoons for each, spacing them 3” apart. With clean, dampened hands, round the edges of the mounds and flatten them into 3/4”-thick discs.
- Optional: Use a clean thumb to press an indentation into the center of each cookie. Spoon 3/4 teaspoon of fruit spread into each indentation.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the cookies for 15-16 minutes, until puffed and very lightly browned at the edges. The cookies may look slightly underbaked.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for 5-10 minutes, then carefully transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely before serving. Serving size is two cookies.
|Calories470Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.