5-Ingredient Crustless CheesecakeYummly
Only five ingredients are needed for this light and airy cheesecake. You'll never miss the crust!
- 3 packages cream cheese (8oz. packages brick-style, at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- 2Lightly grease the sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan with softened butter.
- 3Cut a circle of parchment paper 9” in diameter. Lay the circle on the bottom of the spring form pan.
- 4Create four sheets of tin foil approximately 18” long each. Lay one sheet of tinfoil over another to create a cross.
- 5Make another foil cross with the remaining two sheets of tin foil, and position it at an angle over the first cross, creating a jagged circle.
- 6Place the spring-form pan in the center of the foil circle. Pull the edges of the foil up the sides of the pan and tightly secure on the top edges of the pan. Pack the foil closely to the circumference of the pan.
- 7Place the cream cheese and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium-high speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl periodically, for 5 minutes, until the mixture is completely smooth and no lumps remain.
- 8Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, and salt to the bowl. Continue to beat on medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes, until the sour cream is fully incorporated into the cream cheese.
- 9Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 10Turn the mixer to the lowest speed. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing just until no yellow streaks remain. The batter will should be the consistency of yogurt, and ivory in color.
- 11Pour the batter into the spring-form pan.
- 12Lightly tap the spring-form pan on a countertop 4-5 times to release any air bubbles.
- 13Place the spring-form pan inside a large roasting pan. Carefully fill the roasting pan with water, only until it reaches about ¾” up the sides of the spring-form pan
- 14Carefully transfer the pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- 15Bake the cheesecake for 60-70 minutes, taking care to not open the oven door while it bakes. Test that the cheesecake is done by gently shaking the pan. The edges should be firm, and the very center still slightly wobbly.
- 16Turn off the oven and crack the door open 1-2”. Allow the cheesecake to rest in the oven for 1 hour.
- 17Remove the cheesecake from the oven and transfer to the refrigerator.
- 18Refrigerate the cheesecake for a minimum of 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- 19To unmold the cheesecake, carefully run a butter knife around the inside edges of the pan. Undo the clasp and slowly remove the sides in an upward motion. Slice and serve.