4 Hour BaguetteMadeleine Cocina
This classic dish will not disappoint. You will fall in love with out 4 Hour Baguette recipe. It is loaded with flavor and the perfect recipe to switch up your routine. Try out this 4 Hour Baguette recipe and comment below with your thoughts. We love to read users thoughts on our recipes. You can also give this recipe a star rating for others to follow along. We hope you enjoy this 4 Hour Baguette recipe as much as we do!
- 1 1/2 cups water (warm at 43C max.)
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- cooking oil (enough to cover the baking pan)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1Mix the warm water with the yeast and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- 2Add the flour and mix everything together with a fork until the dough begins to form. Once the dough has formed, let it sit for 20 minutes.
- 3Add salt and begin kneading the dough either in a bowl or on a table covered with flour. Knead the dough until you notice that it no longer sticks to the bowl or table (approx. 15–20 minutes).
- 4Once the dough becomes soft and elastic, place it in a large bowl with a layer of cooking oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough sit in the oven (turned off) for 45 minutes.
- 5When the dough grows double its size, cover a table or counter top with some flour, place the dough on top of it and extend it out into a rectangular shape.
- 6Fold the dough in half, then begin folding all four sides of the dough into the center.
- 7Place the dough back into the bowl and let it sit in the oven for another hour.
- 8Take the dough out of the oven and preheat the oven to 230C.
- 9Turn over a baking tray and place a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom side (the bread will be baked on the opposite side of the tray).
- 10Cover the countertop/table with flour again and place the dough on top of it. Separate the dough into three portions and roll them out into long, tube-like shapes (20–25 cm long).
- 11Make 3 sections with the parchment paper by folding out two sections of the paper in the middle. Sprinkle some flour on the parchment paper, place the three pieces of dough in each section, cover them in plastic wrap, and let them sit for another 40–50 minutes.
- 12Place the dough over a pan (with the parchment paper still under it) on top of the first oven grid. Below the oven grid place a metal container with the 1/2 cup ice.
- 13Close the oven and let the dough bake for 30 minutes.
- 14Once the bread is ready, let it cool off for 30 minutes and then serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories560Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.