- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more for serving)
- 1 medium onion (finely diced, about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots (finely diced, about 1 cup)
- 2 celery (ribs, finely diced, about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced on a microplane grater)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (dried)
- 1 quart low sodium canned chicken broth (or homemade)
- 30 ounces white beans (cannellini or great northern, with their liquid)
- 4 sprigs rosemary (leaves finely chopped and stems reserved)
- 1 chunk parmesan rind (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chopped kale (roughly, or swiss chard leaves)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Parmigiano Reggiano (for serving)
Karen W. a month ago
Loved it, I also added a can of tomatoes. Clean bowls all around. Yummy.
Cheryl W. 5 months ago
Outstanding soup! Tried it with spinach but prefer kale as it holds up better.
Anneissa Haynes 6 months ago
AWESOMENESS!! I added jerk seasoned ground turkey. Wonderfully delicious on a frigid evening. My husband, who does not gravitate toward health food ate TWO full bowls. ♥
Deron D. 6 months ago
Outstanding! Added mushrooms and ground turkey as well! Scrumptious!
Descai 7 months ago
Super good! Added all kinds of vegetables!
Haley M. 7 months ago
This is easy healthy and delicious. It also reheats well.
Andrea Pellegrino a year ago
This is hearty, warm & Wonderful!! I had leeks and added them, also a Parmesan Rind. One of my vegetarian daughters favourites! So yum!
Sharon Sparks a year ago
The first time I made it it was so good that everyone wanted me to make every week. Of course I don’t make it every week but I make it as often as I can and it’s a great addition to dinner. I’ll throw in some old fashion cornbread and a good oh salad.
Gary Redwine 2 years ago
The best added crushed tomatoes, spinach, Italian chicken sausage. Very Yum
Kathy E. 2 years ago
I suggest adding the rosemary sprigs whole and removing them with the bay leaves.
Krystal Martinson 3 years ago
Pretty good, definitely use broth, not water. And dont forget to pull the parmeaan rind out before immersion blending!
robin o. 3 years ago
Outstanding, delicious and now a family favorite....Extremely quick and easy to make. Serve it with some nice crusty bread and you have a fabulous meal!