If you love the flavors and textures of squid and don't want to pay the high prices of eating at a fine seafood restaurant, then try making this recipe for 30 minute Squid Tentacles and Potaotes. The hearty squid tentacles are paired perfectly with the spices, herbs and other ingredients for a flavorful and easy dish that you can serve any night of the week. Be sure to garnish with parsley and cilantro before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- small new potatoes
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1 squid tentacles (pack)
- 1 onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 garlic cloves
- 200 milliliters olive oil
- parsley (or cilantro, for garnish)
- Scrub potatoes. While still wet, sprinkle potatoes generously with salt and place in a baking dish with a lid.
- Cook in microwave on maximum power for about 20 minutes.
- Microwave cooking times may vary.
- Place squid tentacles in a large pan.
- Cover squid with water and add peeled onion and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- When the squid is cooked, place tentacles in a baking dish.
- Remove potatoes from microwave oven and remove the lid, being careful to avoid contact with hot steam.
- Remove potatoes, shake off excess salt, press slightly to open and place on the tray with the squid.
- Chop garlic and spread over top of potatoes.
- Season squid with a pinch of sea salt and drizzle everything with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with parsley and cilantro, to taste.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.