3 Peppers Salad with Anchovies and BasilO Meu Tempero
This salad is a traditional part of an Italian antipasti platter, complete with cured meats and salami, cheeses, and rustic bread for sampling along with an aperitivo. You can find jarred versions of it at Italian grocers and many supermarkets, but it's much better when prepared with fresh bell peppers, as here. Roast them first under a hot broiler, turning as they blacken, then allow to steam in a plastic bag to allow the skins to separate for easier peeling.
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow peppers
- 5 anchovy fillets (canned)
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- 1Roast the uncut peppers in the oven .
- 2Once cooked place them inside a plastic bag and close it for a few minutes, so it is easier to peel them.
- 3Peel the peppers and cut into strips.
- 4Mix the peppers, chopped anchovies, and basil leaves.
- 5Season with a good olive oil, and mix.
- 6It is not necessary to add salt, the anchovies are salted.