- 3 tablespoons sesame oil (divided)
- 1/2 pound large shrimp (peeled and devined)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (small, diced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 packages ramen noodles
- 1 cup baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
PER SERVING *
|Calories340Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sandra P. 10 Feb
Just the right amount of spice and heat, and surprisingly filling. Will make it again, with chicken this time.
Mr 29 Oct 2017
Easy, quick, and enjoyable. If you want to go light on the spice, decrease the sriracha. Also, use rice noodle ramen.
Stori 9 Apr 2017
I used chicken thighs instead and put a little more heat in it as well as all broth no water, delish!
Pam L. 9 Feb 2017
Oh Em Gee!! We made this last night. It was really good. For it to be so simple, the flavor was really there. I didn't have tomato paste so I added some ketchup. Also didn't add lemon. Had just a little kick from sriracha. Will add more next time! Be sure to taste as you go, it can easily become too salty. It's a new family favorite for sure!!!
Amanda MacKenzie 9 Feb 2017
Great recipe! Easy and tasty... could use more spice...next time! New family dinner... even the kids lived it