- 1 pound lean ground beef (or ground turkey or chicken)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (homemade)
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 ounces corn (drained)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup grated cheddar (and/or jack cheese)
- 1 avocado (large, sliced)
- 1 cup salsa
- plain greek yogurt (or sour cream for serving, if desired)
|Calories590Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Emt B 23 days ago
It tastes great and is a filling salad with 44g of protein. Definitely will make again.
Lea Abboud 4 Aug 2018
So easy, healthy, and filling! Would definitely make again.
B. R. Lind 20 Jul 2018
High quality ancho and chipotle pepper really elevated this meal. I added diced onion too. Cheap, easy, tasty, and decently nutritious.
Nicole R. 21 Jan 2018
Great quick recipe! Love the homemade taco spice recipe too
Karen Gay 16 Aug 2017
Made this taco salad at the beach where everything just seems to taste better! Although I'm pretty sure it would have been just as great even if we weren't at the beach!! Making it tonight and I know it will go over big again! My daughter said it was such a "pretty" salad as I didn't change a thing and it looked just like the beautiful picture here on the website!! We all used salsa as the dressing but my husband is hooked on French dressing and Catalina dressing so that's what he used and he was pretty pumped about it!!!
Christy-Anne M. 8 Aug 2017
Wonderful salad easy to make both husband and I loved it!
Michele R. 19 Jul 2017
It was yummy. My seasoning came out a little spicy for my son but overall it was very good. I drizzled a little salsa verde instead of regular salsa.
Ashley D. 25 May 2017
Would make it again. Quick and easy