2-Layer Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Filling and White Chocolate IcingHoje para Jantar
- 800 grams potatoes
- 1 packet chicken broth
- 275 milliliters skim milk
- 2 teaspoons saffron
- 50 grams butter
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (for garnish)
- lemon (quarters, for garnish)
- 1Chocolate Cake Preparation:
- 2Preheat oven to 360°F.
- 3Whisk the eggs with the sugar to a creamy, whitish batter.
- 4Add the cocoa powder and oil, stirring constantly.
- 5Add the flour and baking powder. When the mixture is well whisked, carefully pour in 1 cup of boiling water.
- 6Be careful with this step because the batter is very fluid and it may spatter with the hot water.
- 7Pour the batter into a buttered and floured round cake pan.
- 8Bake for about 40 minutes.
- 9Let cool slightly before removing from the pan.
- 10Vanilla Cake Preparation:
- 11Whisk the eggs with sugar to a creamy, whitish batter.
- 12Add the oil and vanilla extract, stirring constantly.
- 13Add the flour and baking powder. Once smooth, pour in 1 cup of boiling water.
- 14Pour the batter into a buttered and floured round cake pan.
- 15Bake for about 40 minutes.
- 16Let cool slightly before removing from the pan.
- 17Strawberry Filling Preparation:
- 18Place the gelatin in a cup with cold water.
- 19In a saucepan, whisk the egg with the sugar and cornstarch until homogeneous.
- 20Add the strawberries and cream and bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 21Stir until it begins to thicken. Add the butter and stir well. Remove from heat.
- 22Squeeze the gelatin and stir until it dissolves.
- 23Put this mixture in a blender and purée. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 24Chocolate Icing Preparation:
- 25Grind the chocolate in a food processor.
- 26In a saucepan, bring the cream to a boil.
- 27Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until it melts and mixes in with the hot cream. Stir until well mixed.
- 28Add a few drops of food coloring and stir until you get the desired color.
- 29Let the filling sit, covered with plastic wrap, for about 2 hours, then refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- 30Remove from refrigerator and stir well.
- 31Repeat until you get the consistency needed to work with the piping bag.
- 32If it hardens too much, put in the microwave for five seconds.
- 33Cake Assembly:
- 34Slice the cakes in the half horizontally.
- 35Syrup Preparation:
- 36In a saucepan, combine 1 cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Heat until it boils.
- 37Prepare another syrup with 1 cup of milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar and repeat the procedure.
- 38Place the decorating paper on a cake platter, and place a few strips of parchment paper on top.
- 39Place the first layer of cake on the platter, and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- 40Then, spread on a layer of strawberry filling.
- 41Place the second cake layer on top, and sprinkle with the other syrup.
- 42Repeat the procedure until finished.
- 43To ensure that the cake doesn't fall apart, put 3 sticks in the cakes, holding the layers together vertically.
- 44Cover the cake with a layer of chocolate icing.
- 45Complete the decoration applying the ganache with the pastry bag.
- 46Decorate the top with colorful confetti, as desired.