- 4 cups chicken broth (or, 2 14 ounce cans)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (or, 1 14 ounce can, drained)
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (cooked, or, 1 14 ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 10 ounces tomatoes (cans of, with green chiles, use a mild version for almost no heat)
- 4 chicken fillets
- 1 cup diced chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a Mexican cheese blend)
|Calories460Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Joe 7 Jan 2018
Good start. Added rice + diced red chili and used real chicken
jlop 2 Jan 2018
it waa easy and taste
Lauren Michelle 20 Dec 2017
Loooooooooobed it! A little longer prep time, I found.
Julie Sglla 10 Nov 2017
Tasteful and easy to do. Even without chicken it will be delicious
Downing-Boyd 7 Nov 2017
We enjoyed the soup!
Josh 6 Nov 2017
Followed directions to a T. Could’ve had a bit more “substance” (less liquid or more food) but for a 10 minute meal it was pretty good. And yes, it really only takes 10 minutes to make
Carrie 3 Nov 2017
Delicious! Could use a little more heat though. Next time I’ll add more cayenne
JessicaHuck 31 Oct 2017
This tasted great and was easy to make.
Agnes Octaviani 13 Oct 2017
Simple and yummy! There's no black bean in my local shops (Indonesian here), so I improvised a bit and add tofu. I love how it smells really good and a little spicy :)
Al b. 15 Jan 2017
Great Base for a Mexican soup. I cooked 2 fresh organic chicken breasts in 2 liters of water and stock. To the ingredients I added 4 spring onions, 1 green bell pepper, 10 slices of jalapeno, bunch of koriander, Mexican spice mix, and after ladling the soup into bowls, a dollop of sour cream on top of the cheese. Took half an hour in stead of 10 min but the result was Fantastic!
Louise H. 1 Jan 2017
So simple, but so yummy! I made it just as it was listed and it was perfect. This is definitely a family favorite!