Semolina Soup is an easiest soup to make in no time and is very much famous in Andhra Pradesh (South India). This soup is called ganji. Ganji is made out of broken wheat or even with rice but for a quicker version it is made with fine semolina. Semo…
ina soup is filling and tasty and it is best liked by the kids. The crunchiness of boondi/bombay mix gives the soup to next level but its optional.Boondi is add to the soup just before serving. Today's soup is the basic version but you can add finely chopped veggies or minced meat to make your own version but i love it very simple way. Give it a try a simpler version and modify to your taste buds.
- Semolina (fine version): 3tablespoon
- Finely chopped onion : 1/4 cup
- Green chilly: 2
- Ginger Garlic paste: 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil: 1 tablespoon+1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
- Water: 3 cups
- Coriander leaves : 3 tablespoons (finely chopped )
- Salt to taste
- Boondi(Gram flour puffs) or bombay mix to taste (optional)
- In a pan add semolina and 1 teaspoonful of oil. On medium heat fry semolina for 2 mins or fry till semolina slightly changes color. (Make sure u don't burn the semolina, otherwise you end up with bad soup, as this is the key to the soup)
- Take the semolina out and add 1 tablespoon of oil and add cumin seeds. Once the seeds sizzle add finely chopped onions and 2 cut chillies. Fry till the onion turns light brown.
- Add roasted semolina and mix it well and then add water and salt. Bring the water to boil and bring the heat to low.
- Turn off the heat at desired consistency. Add chopped coriander and serve hot topped with boondi(gram flour salted puffs) or with Bombay mix.
- Tips You can add minced meat 3 tablespoons after onion gets brown and fry till its cooked and follow rest of the steps.