- 1/4 cup soy sauce (/or Low Sodium Soy Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (Packed)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound shrimp (cleaned and seasoned with a little salt & pepper)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- ground white pepper (to taste you can use black if need be)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (piece, peeled & grated)
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (mixed well with ¼ cup of cold water until smooth)
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 green onions (Sliced)
- cooked rice (for Serving)
|Calories470Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Carroll Brown 17 Dec 2018
It came out perfect the sauce was flavorful cashews were a nice crunch I would make it again
Ellie A. 25 Sep 2018
This recipe was really easy to make! I pared it with some roasted veggies with lemon that minimized the salty flavor of this dish. I paired it also with some rice!
Georgette B. 8 Jun 2018
It was just ok. I used only half the starch and added extra half cup of water to the sauce it was still too thick and salty. Will not likely make this again
bernie 20 May 2018
It was fantastic. I can hardly wait to make it again!
Sylvia Backstrom 17 May 2018
excellent, did add extra water though, also (i love veg) added broccoli & onion to garlic/ginger for an all-in-one dinner. family said can make again, but with some chilli added
Tulio 17 May 2018
Way too thick and gelatinous of a sauce for me :( shrimp was yummy though!