Beautiful way to serve a taco salad, great for parties or entertaining.
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce (shredded, OR other crisp salad greens)
- 4 ounces sliced black olives (drained)
- 1 1/2 cups roma tomatoes (diced, OR quartered grape tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (thinly)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1 pound ground beef (OR turkey)
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 4 corn tortillas (cut into wedges)
- 1 cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 cup queso fresco cheese (crumbled Cacique)
- 1/4 cup shredded mexican cheese blend (OR cheddar cheese)
- 1/3 cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 cup table cream (Cacique Crema)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (loosely packed)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce (canned, or adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon powdered buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Mazola® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands Medium Grind Black Pepper
- Place lettuce into bottom of clear straight-sided bowl or trifle bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, green onions and cilantro in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper, if desired and set aside.
- Brown meat in a large nonstick skillet for 5 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in taco seasoning and follow package directions for preparation.
- Heat oil in a deep sided sauce pan to about 350°F or until a small strip of tortilla sizzles when dipped into the oil. Heat tortilla wedges in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp and golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain, sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- To assemble the salad layers, remove chilled trifle bowl with lettuce from the refrigerator.
- Top with taco meat in an even layer.
- Pour corn in an even layer over the meat.
- Pour beans in an even layer over the corn
- Add a layer of the tomato mixture.
- Arrange avocado slices in a circle on top of the tomato layer.
- Mound Queso fresco cheese into the center of the avocado circle.
- Stick crisp tortilla wedges into the salad center around the cheese.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar and garnish with additional cilantro if desired.
- Serve immediately with Spicy Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing.
- To make Spicy Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Serve immediately or cover and store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Makes 1-1/2 cups.
|Calories430Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.