- 13 1/2 ounces Johnsonville® Andouille Dinner Sausage (1 package, cut into 1/3-inch coins)
- 1/2 pound shrimp (medium, peeled and deveined or boneless, skinless chikcen breast, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces jambalaya rice mix (1 box)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- In a bowl, toss Johnsonville® Andouille Dinner Sausage, shrimp or chicken and Creole seasoning. In a skillet, cook the sausage mixture in oil over medium heat until shrimp or chicken is fully cooked; set aside.
- Prepare jambalaya rice mix according to package directions, adding half of the tomatoes.
- About ten minutes before the rice is done and while it is still firm, add the remaining tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and parsley. Partially cover and finish cooking. Stir in sausage mixture.
- To serve, taste and adjust seasonings, adding a little additional Creole seasoning if you want it more spicy. Spoon into large bowls.
PER SERVING *
|Calories60Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Tia D. 24 days ago
it turned out great the entire family loved it
Andrew J. 20 Sep 2016
Great recipe! Super easy to make, and easy to modify to your liking. I added more cajun seasoning and hot sauce because I like spicy food. I also added some chopped red and green bell pepper when I added the sausage mixture to the rice. I enjoyed having the fresh veggies mixed in - might add an onion next time. Definitely will make again!
Tracy Franco 17 Feb 2016
Loved it! The spices where spot on not over powering so you if like super spicy add more. The family loved that every bite was yummy