Also known as 3-2-1 cake, this popular dessert is touted for being the easiest cake ever. In this version, the batter is baked in a pan with higher sides (often called "professional" cake pans) than normal, so be sure to use the right size pan (or you will need to divide the batter between two regular cake pans to prevent the batter from overflowing in the oven and making a big mess).
- 200 grams margarine
- 400 grams sugar
- 3 eggs
- 600 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 20 grams milk
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Beat margarine with sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and whisk well.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Gradually stir flour into egg mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured round cake pan with high sides.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.