Serve this healthy and easy entree over the bed of steamed rice.
- 14 ounces tofu (pack, drained and pressed, Coins)
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (Coins)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (Coins)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (Coins)
- 1/2 cup peanuts (roasted and lightly salted)
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (garlic)
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 cup red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet.
- Crumble the tofu properly and combine chickpea flour, sriracha sauce and salt into it and mix very well with your hands until smooth. Divide the tofu mix into 10 equal balls and press between palms gently. (Make sure there are no cracks in the tofu coins). Place them on the cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes flipping the coins once after 25 minutes. (The tofu coins should be light golden brown in color).
- Divide the tofu mix into 10 equal balls and press between palms gently. (Make sure there are no cracks in the tofu coins).
- In the meantime combine peanuts, red chillies, ginger garlic paste, sesame seeds, vinegar and soy sauce in a food processor and puree smooth. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and add basil leaves. Immediately add scallions, red bell pepper and cabbage and mix well.
- Now add peanut puree to it along with water, brown sugar and salt. Mix well and let it boil for few minutes.
- Once done take the peanut sauce in a serving bowl and arrange tofu coins on top and garnish with some green onions and fried red chilies. Serve hot with steamed rice/brown rice/quinoa.
|Calories200Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.