Homemade Cheddar Crackers (aka Goldfish!)
Goldfish are beloved by adults and kids alike. Those irresistible cheddar crackers are just as cute as they are delicious, and with this fantastic, shockingly easy recipe, you can make these crisps in your own kitchen! You only need 5 ingredients, a food processor, and an oven, so there's no reason not to try it for yourself (especially if you already harbor a love for the Pepperidge Farm favorite)!
- 8 oz, sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tbs butter, cubed
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbs cold water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the shredded cheddar, butter cubes, flour, and salt into a food processor. Pulse it together until the mixture is a coarse grain.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cold water to the mixture and pulse. Repeat.
- Remove dough from the processor, wrap it in plastic, and chill it for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough (the thinner, the crispier it will be) and cut into desired shapes. Place your crackers on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until crisp!
Make your own goldfish cookie cutter out of an aluminum can:
DIY Goldfish Cutout from Making Do with the Not So New
Photo Credits: Miss Anthropist's Kitchen via B for Bel