Bacon-Wrapped Chicken and More 5 Ingredient Entrées!
It doesn't require a lot of ingredients to make a delicious, filling meal: it just takes the right ones. Buy a nice cut of meat at the store, and you can turn it into tonight's dinner with just a few more ingredients that you might just have on hand. You can put together these dishes quickly, without too much fuss, and still manage to make everyone at the table happy. Here's a great recipe for bacon-wrapped basil chicken - and a few more recipes with5 ingredients or less, including salt and pepper!
Bacon-Wrapped Basil Chicken for 6
- 21 fresh leaves of basil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 12 slices of bacon
- pepper (or crushed black peppercorn) to taste
- salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small sauce pan of boiling water, blanch your basil leaves quickly (2 seconds) and drain them. Rinse the basil under cold water and pat dry.
- Slice open your chicken breasts and pound them to tenderize and flatten. Fill them with your basil leaves - about 7 leaves per breast, and fold it over. Season the outside of the breasts with salt and pepper.
- Starting with the underside of a breast, wrap your bacon around the chicken snugly. Depending on the size of your chicken, you might need up to 4-5 slices each.
- Sprinkle the outside of your bacon with pepper.
- Heat a skillet over moderately high heat. Once it's hot, transfer your chicken to the pan (underside down, as to keep the bacon wrapped), and cook it until the bacon is crisp and golden on the bottom. Flip and repeat. This should take approximately 4 minutes for each breast, depending on how many can fit in your skillet at once.
- Roast your chicken in the middle of the oven until it's firm and fully cooked. (It should take about 10-15 minutes, maybe longer). Remove your chickens and let them rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Serve and enjoy! At my house, I'd serve this with a bowl of white rice and roasted carrots. Feel free to get creative with your own meal! If you want a few other Yummlydishes you can make with only 5 ingredients, these are great options too.
[Grilled Rosemary Garlic Shrimp
[Dijon Grilled Pork Chops
[Slow Cooker Pot Roast
[Green Chicken Enchiladas
[Tender Italian Baked Chicken
Related Searches on Yummly:
- quick steak stew
- easy and quick tuna casserole
- quick sweet italian sausage
- chicken drumsticks quick
- quick chinese vegetables