Top 10 Tips for Winning Dinners!
If you're like most moms, you want to cook great dinners for your family, but life often gets in the way. With busy work and school schedules, it's tough to make a gourmet meal on weeknights. Don't worry, these 10 easy tips presented by PERDUE® will help you make winning dinners every night!
1) Plan Ahead Once a week, make a meal plan then pick up the necessary groceries. This not only cuts down your food costs, it also saves you from scrambling for dinner ideas at the last minute.
2) Group Grocery Items To save time when you hit the grocery store, group items by department so you can grab everything you need in one easy swoop.
3) Use Quality Ingredients The best quality ingredients produce the best quality flavor. Whip together a chicken Alfredo using PERDUE® Fresh Chicken, it’s 100% veggie fed and 100% delicious — we bet your hungry family will notice the difference.
4) Cook With Kids Cooking with kids is fun and helps them learn valuable skills. If you give the kids a job (like pouring water into the saucepan), they'll have a great time — and you'll get some extra help!
PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® Chicken
5) Avoid Unnecessary Additives and Chemicals You care about your family and want to feed them great food without a lot of added junk. For food that's always delicious, use products like PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® Chicken, which is fresh from a farm, and raised with No Antibiotics Ever.
6) Keep Pantry Staples On Hand For quick dinners, ensure your pantry is always stocked with staples like olive oil, flour, beans and pasta.
PERDUE® SHORT CUTS® Chicken
7) Use Precooked Meats Precooked meats like PERDUE® SHORT CUTS® Chicken couldn't be more convenient. Fully cooked and ready for action, these delicious chicken slices help you make meals that wow every time. Throw them onto salad, pizza, or into yummy chicken quesadillas.
8) Embrace Freezer Meals Freezer meals are one of the easiest ways to make a great dinner together in a snap. Cook some family faves ahead of time and reheat when you need a healthy, delicious meal in a flash.
9) Make the Most of Slow Cooker For busy moms, there's nothing quite like a slow cooker to make a gourmet yet convenient meal. Great for chili, soups, and hearty pasta dishes — all you have to do is combine the ingredients, and let the slow cooker work it’s magic.
10) Leftovers in Lunch Boxes Instead of whipping together a hurried lunch for the kids every day, send them to school with leftovers from the night before. In addition to being easy and quick, these meals are often more nutritious.
This post is sponsored by PERDUE®