Champagne Cupcakes to Ring in the New Year
It's time to end 2012 in style with these amazing, festive, Champagne Cupcakes! Glitz them up with fondant flowers, candies, or sparklers, these desserts will be the perfect sweet touch to add to your New Years festivities. Share them with your loved ones tonight, and have a Happy New Year!
Photo by Paul Barbera
Champagne Cupcakes with Buttercream
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup Champagne
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- food coloring, if desired
- For the Cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the milk, shortening, Champagne and vanilla. Beat on low to medium speed for about 30 seconds, or until just combined. Scraping the bowl constantly, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the egg whites and beat for 2 minutes.
- Fill the cupcake liners half full with batter and bake until the center springs back when touched, about 12 minutes. Cool before frosting.
- For the Frosting: In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, and vanilla. Blend in the sugar, one cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the milk, and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Keep icing covered until ready to decorate.
Decorate your cupcakes as desired and enjoy! Related Searches on Yummly:
Photo Credit: Marlein Overakker