Have you ever had these biscuits? If so, you know exactly why you need this recipe in your life. If not, hold onto your horses, because these biscuits are the bomb! The buttery, flaky, deliciously cheesy biscuits from Red Lobster are one of the chain's main attractions, and now you can make them from scratch at home too. As a bonus, you're also getting a recipe for homemade bisquick!
- 2 cups flour*
- 1/4 cup shortening*
- 1 tsp salt*
- 2 tbsp baking powder*
- 4 tbsps butter (cold)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 3/4 cup whole milk (cold)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsps melted butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp parsley flakes (dried)
- 1 pinch salt
*These ingredients together create homemade bisquick mix! Whenever a recipe calls for bisquick, you can mix up these ingredients instead. Alternatively, you can replace these ingredients with 2 1/2 cups of bisquick mix.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Cut in shortening with a blender or hand mix until mixture resembles fine crumbs. _If making larger batches of homemade bisquick, store it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge. Use 2 1/2 cups for this recipe._
- Combine flour mixture and cold butter until you get a crumbly mixture with bits about the size of peas.
- Add cheddar, milk and 1/4 tsp garlic.
- Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
- Drop 9 equal portions onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until tops are light brown.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp garlic powder and parsley flakes.
- Use a pastry brush to spread garlic butter over tops of biscuits.
Photo Credits: Recipe Showbox