Recipes from 7th grade cooking class - Part II
Here are a few simple holiday recipes you can make - and enjoy - with your kids. Enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Four – 7/8 oz. chocolate bars
- ¾ cup pecans finely chopped
Combine sugar, butter and water in a heavy saucepan. Cook to 300 degrees (hard crack stage), stir constantly to prevent burning. Add vanilla and pour in a buttered 9”x 9” pan. Lay the chocolate bars on top and spread them evenly as they melt. While still warm, sprinkle chopped pecans over the top. Cool thoroughly and break into pieces.
Peanut butter bars
- 2 cubes butter or margarine
- 1 lb. box of powdered sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 – 12 oz. package chocolate chips
Melt butter. Remove from heat and add peanut butter, cracker crumbs and sugar. Spread thick dough in 9 x 13” pan. Melt chocolate chips and spread on top. Let cool and cut into bars.