Oven Roasted Butternut Squash Fries!
Meet the sweet potato fry's super tasty cousin: butternut squash fries! It might sound strange at first, but this is definitely a snack you need in your life. It has all of the brilliant taste of their sweet potato counterparts, in a much healthier, equally colorful form. The only significant difference between these and regular fries is the texture; squash will never quite firm up the same way that potatoes do. Still, my guess is that you'll be so busy eating these bad boys up, you won't even care.
- 1/2 of a butternut squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and cut your butternut squash into your desired shape. Shoot for sticks at least half an inch thick on every side.
- Pour your squash into a bowl. Add your olive oil, paprika, garlic, thyme, and salt. Lightly toss to coat.
- Spread out your squash onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and pop it into the oven for 30-40 minutes!
Serve it plain or with a tasty dip! Classic ketchup is okay, but I made a simple spiced aioli that worked excellently! All I did was combine mayo with a drizzle of olive oil, a bit of paprika and cayenne (to taste), and some more garlic for good measure.