Homemade Hot Fudge and Magic Shell Toppings
There's no dessert that can't be made a little better with a drizzle of velvety hot fudge! Indulge your sweet tooth this weekend by making a batch and draping it over a mile high banana split or sundae. If you prefer hot fudge's firmer, colder counterpart - the Magic Shell - we've got you covered there too! Try one of these delicious recipes this week.
"Photo by Life of a Pilgrim"
Hot Fudge Sauce
- 6 ozs bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In medium saucepan, stir chocolate, corn syrup, water, sugar, cocoa, butter, and salt together over medium-low heat until combined. Increase heat to medium and bring to a low boil, stirring frequently. Continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the vanilla. Cool slightly (to about 140°F) before serving! Enjoy.
"Photo by Marg (Cayman Designs)"
Magic Shell Topping
- 4 oz chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp butter
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over the stove by the double boiler method, or just in the microwave. *Tips for melting chocolate in the microwave.
- Let the mixture cool, and when you're ready to enjoy your ice cream, just pour the mixture over the top!