5 Awesome Dishes Made Better with Beer
For those familiar with the joys of a good beer, it's a solid fact that beer makes everything better, and these dishes are no exception. These flavorful, beer-infused recipes are hearty one-pot meals that many are sure to enjoy. Try any one of these rich, beer-filled dishes on a cold day when you just want to dive into something easy and delicious, and you're sure to become a beer-convert too! I recommend starting with this great beer-braised chicken and working your way down from there.
- 1/4 lb thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer (preferably brown ale)
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1/2 lb red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 2 tbs whole-grain mustard
- 2 tbs packed dark brown sugar
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off the excess. Add the olive oil to the drippings in the pot. Add the chicken in batches and cook over medium-high heat until golden on the bottom, 6 to 7 minutes, then flip and sear the other side, about 1 minute.
- Add the beer, onions, potatoes, mustard, sugar, thyme and 1 cup water to the pot and stir, making sure the chicken is fully submerged. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Discard the thyme and stir in the bacon and parsley.
Related searches on Yummly: