This super-healthy treat is proof that great food can happen for any budget and diet! Caramelized, roasted cauliflower is a brilliant blend of savory and sweet, perfect to enjoy for movie night or packed away as nice lunch snack. You can eat healthier without sacrificing taste with this awesome recipe!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim the head of cauliflower, discarding the core and thick stems; cut florets into pieces about the size of ping-pong balls.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and salt, whisk, then add the cauliflower pieces and toss thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment for easy cleanup (you can skip that, if you don't have any) then spread the cauliflower pieces on the sheet and roast for 1 hour, turning 3 or 4 times, until most of each piece has turned golden brown. (The browner the cauliflower pieces turn, the more caramelization occurs and the sweeter they'll taste).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!