Tasty Tea Baked Apples
Review it now!
1 cup water
4 Lipton® Cup Size Tea Bags
4 large baking apples (such as Rome or Golden Delicious), cored
1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
2 Tbsp. raisins (optional)
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 tsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring water to a boil in 1-quart saucepan; remove from heat. Add Lipton® Cup Size Tea Bags and brew 3 minutes, dunking occasionally. Remove Tea Bags and squeeze; set aside.
- Peel top 1/3 of apples. Arrange apples, peeled end up in 8-inch square baking dish; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, walnuts, raisins and cinnamon in small bowl. Evenly spoon walnut mixture into center of apples, then evenly top with Spread. Pour tea over and around apples.
- Bake uncovered, basting occasionally, 1 hour or until apples are tender.
- Recipe Tips
- Cost per recipe*: $4.11 Cost per serving*: $1.03 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.