If you (or your kids) love a good bag of gummy candies – bears, worms, ponies, or whatever other shape they may come in – this recipe is for you! It’s easy to make your own tasty candies, and it’s a fun project to do with the kids too. All you need is a candy mold and a few packets of gelatin (flavored and unflavored). Try it out for yourself!
Homemade Gummy Candy
- 3 oz flavored gelatin
- 1 oz unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup water
- candy molds
- cornstarch (optional)
- Pour the water into a small pan or pot. Sprinkle in the gelatin and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Put the pot over medium heat on the stove and stir until all the gelatin has dissolved. This will take about 3-5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool for a minute, and then pour the mixture into a smaller container to facilitate pouring.
- Fill your candy molds with the gelatin. Let them cool completely (about 20 – 30 minutes).
- Once your candies have firmed up, pop them out of their containers! To prevent sticking, you can dust them with a little cornstarch.